The Kokosing Materials, Inc. Quality Control department is made up of 14 state certified personnel responsible for the following:
- Mix designing and submittals of Marshall and Superpave mix designs.
- Laboratory testing of asphalt mixes for ODOT and private customers as required.
- Field density and coring for ODOT and private customers when needed.
- Testing of large commercial projects.
- Maintenance and calibration of asphalt content and nuclear density gauges.
The full service laboratory has an Asphalt Pavement Analyzer capable of determining a mix designs susceptibility to rutting, fatigue cracking and stripping. This machine along with our Superpave Gyratory Compactor, NCAT equipment and other testing equipment is available to our customers as their needs arise.
The Quality Control department has been instrumental in assisting the Kokosing Construction Asphalt Division achieve recognition both locally and nationally for quality asphalt pavements.